Training and Manuals
In order to file documents electronically and to receive e-mail notices of documents that are filed, You must be registered to file electronically, and be trained and certified by the court. Training in any federal court or on-line training through this court meets the training requirements for a password.
If you are not already certified to file documents electronically in a federal court, you need to complete the on-line training modules (Case Management/Electronic Case Files (CM/ECF) Electronic Learning Modules (ELM's)) available below to qualify for a password. Attorneys must complete all of the modules to be eligible for an attorney password. Creditors must complete the Proof of Claim and Motion/Application modules. Accountants must complete the Motion/Application and Notice of Hearing with Certificate of Service modules.
Note: Classroom training is available for attorneys under special circumstances only or at the direction of the court. The class is an instructor-led course designed for attorneys in bankruptcy proceedings. The course provides attorneys hands-on experience using CM/ECF. Contact Robert Seuzeneau at (504) 589-7861 to receive information about the classroom training.
Complete the password application located under CM/ECF User Application Forms on the CM/ECF Info page, and return it to the court to receive your live login and password to the Electronic Filing System.
Help and Tutorials
- Case Management/Electronic Case Files (CM/ECF) Electronic Learning Modules (ELM's)
- Bankruptcy Tutorials
- Attorney User's Guide - Docketing Objections
- Creditor User's Guide
- Pay.gov Users Manual
- PACER Service Center support for CM/ECF External Users
CM/ECF Usage Information
- Glossary of Adversary Electronic Filing Events for Attorney Users - 12/21/2011
- Glossary of Bankruptcy Electronic Filing Events for Attorney Users - 12/21/2011
- Glossary of Bankruptcy Electronic Filing Events for Creditor Users - 12/21/2011
- Glossary of Bankruptcy Electronic Filing Events for Lender Users - 12/21/2011