You are here

Refund of Fees

As stated in Local Rule 1006-1 B

B. Refund of Filing Fees

  1. Upon the filing of an ex parte application, the Clerk is authorized to issue refunds for the following without a court order:
    1. Fees collected without authority;
    2. Duplicate credit card payments;
    3. Payments that result from a duplicate pleading erroneously filed through CM/ECF;
    4. Fees collected due to the Clerk’s administrative error.
  2. All other requests for refunds must be made by ex parte motion for judicial determination.
  3. If a party filed a document for which a fee should be charged but the manner of filing did not automatically trigger a fee notification, the Clerk may, without an order, administratively correct the filing and collect the fee.